Last week on Tips From My Toyota I shared the benefits of eating vegetarian one day per week. I also promised you a yummy meatless entree.
You can see the video here if you missed it.
This zucchini bake is delicious, healthy, and comes together quickly.
It is simple and yet elegant, you could easily serve this for a dinner party.
Recipe Type: Entree
A healthy and delicious meatless entree.
- 3 zucchinis, sliced diagonally, 1/2 inch thick
- 12 oz sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- 3 tbsp Penzey’s sunny paris blend (or other spice blend of your choice)
- 10 oz bag of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of water
- 10 oz bag of frozen peas
- 10 oz cottage cheese
- 10 oz ricotta cheese
- 6 oz of grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut zucchini on an angle and put it in a bowl with the sliced mushrooms.
- Whisk grape seed oil and 3 tbsp of spice blend together.
- Pour over the bowl and massage the oil into the zucchini and mushrooms and set to the side for 15 minutes to marinate.
- In another bowl mix the spinach, peas, cottage cheese, and ricotta cheese together until blended.
- In an 8×8 pan layer half the zucchini and mushrooms, spread half the spinach/cheese mixture over them. Repeat the layers again and finish by adding the grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until heated through and the cheese is bubbly.