There’s something about this time a year that gives me some warm soupy cravings. And this spicy red lentil soup hits the spot.
The leaves are changing colors and lots of ’em remind me of the golden-red goodness in this super-easy-to-make recipe.
It’s like, yummy, creamy love in a bowl and super duper with and extra ‘duper’ easy to make. Hope you love the goodness as much as me…just check out that empty bowl below.
I almost licked it, but refrained. For next time I might just make a BODYReDESIGN friendly garbanzo bean bread to go with it.
So stay tuned…I’ll be sure to share that recipe when I make it, and I promise it’ll be great sopping up for more yummy soups to come this fall too.
Spicy Red Lentil Soup
Recipe Type: Lunch/ Dinner
Yummy, creamy, and super easy to make. You’ll love this soup!
- 1 bag organic red lentils
- 5 cups of water
- 1- 28oz BPA-free crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbs. Garam masala
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. ginger powder
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 7oz Thai Kitchen organic coconut milk
- Add lentils and water to a pot on high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the can of tomatoes, Garam masala, curry, ginger, and garlic.
- Simmer for 25-30 minutes until lentils are soft, stirring once or twice.
- Puree the soup mix with an immersion blender or by placing the soup in batches into a blender or cuisinart mixer (an immersion blender is amazing and well worth the purchase).
- Stir in the coconut milk and simmer for another 5-7 minutes.
- Mix well and Serve.
Leave a Reply