In todays PYL I am going to take a moment and talk about my dad. It is his birthday today and he rocks my world. Here’s a few awesome things about him:
- He is super creative and when I was growing up he encouraged me to be creative too. You can see how important it is with the LVA brand and I thank my dad for that.
- He has all these sayings that I heard him say when I was a kid and hated and now I love them, use them, and say them all the time. “this too shall pass” is one of my personal favs (and it is true).
- He taught me to be kind, tell the truth, and give it “all I got” in life.
- He always has a hug for me and offers me a shoulder to cry on when I need it (then he tells me “this too shall pass” and I agree).
- He is great at making me laugh, supporting me (he never misses an LVA-U tube video), and loving me.
- He has an incredible knack for ‘Roses are red’ poems.
Dad this PYL poem is for you….
Roses are Red
Violets are blue
This is for my dad
Leave a comment and tell me about yours too!
Well, my dad was nothing at all like yours. I think mine wasn’t built to be a dad, actually. But he was very witty and personable, and I’ve been told he was charming and charismatic. He too wrote poems, but his were off-color limericks.
He’s been gone since 1976. I was 16 when he died. Sigh….
You are lucky to have a positive force in your life. Lucky to have a loving father and cheerleader. 🙂
I am so grateful for him. Thank you for sharing your experience too, Cindy. Much appreciated!
I see Lisa in that baby face! Wow, “you” really come across even as a baby:). You have that Lisa glow.
Oh Karlina, so sweet! Thanks.