“Freedom doesn’t mean the absence of restrictions. It means possessing unshakable conviction in your choices in the face of an obstacle.” -Gandhi
I think the perceptions we hold of freedom are very interesting. Most fighting and wars come from disagreeing on exactly what freedom means to each of us. It is likely that what I would experience as more freedom you might not see the same way. Thus, coming to a unanimous agreement on what freedom is could seem insurmountable.
However, taking a different look at freedom (you know how much I like to give things a new spin) offers us an opportunity to come together and agree. See the six freedom “rules” below. All of these statements are freedom declarations. If you are following these rules you are experiencing more freedom in your life than you may even realize.
1. Passion is my compass When your heart guides your path in life, freedom is inevitable. There is nothing more freeing than doing what you are passionate about in this world.
2. I am able to choose my thoughts in each moment It is true freedom to know that no matter what circumstances look like, you steer your thoughts in each moment.
3. I speak with love When you plan out your words and remove judgement, sarcasm, criticism from your communication you won’t find yourself regretting anything that comes out of your mouth, which is total freedom.
4. I take action on my dreams While it may not be easy to take the path of your dreams, it definitely feels like freedom to just Go. For. It.
5. I accept that this world is one of impermanence Things change. Daily. How about tomorrow? Yep you guessed it. More change. Once you come to terms with the fact that this world is ever changing, you will experience the freedom of surrender.
6. I live in the present Being aligned with what is happening in your life now is a true experience of freedom. You are living unchained from the past, and are not shackled to expectations and anxieties of the future.
If you said yes to any of the above “rules” you are on a path of freedom. Freedom isn’t about not having rules that you abide by in your life. In contrast it is actually about identifying the rules you can follow to be free and disciplining yourself to abide by them. It helps when you own (as Gandhi said) “unshakeable conviction in your choices”.
This month join us for IntenSati- class for a cause. We are featuring MN Girls Are Not For Sale as our organization that is demonstrating positive change in the world. All proceeds go to this brain child of the Womens Foundation of Minnesota, designed to end sex trafficking and slavery of our MN girls by galvanizing resources to change laws and educate the public. Come stand for freedom with us. Inspire change, and be inspired at the same time. Class is located at the OM collective studio each Saturday in July. 11-11:55am.
Okay it is your turn…What did you think of this article? I want to know if you have rules you follow for living free. Share them with us in the comments section. As always, if you found this post helpful, share the love!
Leave a Reply