Kelley and I had a beautiful breakfast with the kids. Sid is so much fun! We LOVED our french toast and Sid was sliding his pieces of french toast all over the sauce, he couldn’t get enough. This one made the grade for sure.
1 cup whole milk
5 large eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
4- 3/4 inch slices of egg bread ( I used texas toast)
2 ripe ajou or bartlet pears, firm yet ripe, cored and cut into slices
2 tbs butter
1 cup of pomegranate juice
3/4 cup golden brown sugar
- whisk together milk, eggs, 3/4 tsp of cinnamon and vanilla in a baking dish. Add the slices on bread and let them soak up the egg mixture, about 3 minutes on each side.
- In a skillet melt 1 tbs of butter and add the pears, cook on med-high until the pears become soft.
- In a pan melt 1 tbs of butter and add the pom juice, remaining cinnamon, and brown sugar, simmer over med-high heat until the sauce thickens a bit and becomes like syrup, about 8 minutes.
- In a skillet cook the soaked bread slices about 4 minutes per side until cooked.
- Top french toast with pears and sauce, and enjoy. YUM!