This recipe is delish and while it might not be “oatmeal” it tastes a lot like it. Plus it offers you way more protein benefits in the morning which will keep your energy sustained and pumping through until lunch time. Quinoa is an excellent source of protein. Also it is actually a “seed” which falls under the category of slow, sustaining carb. Grains-like oatmeal-act faster in your system and break down into sugar. Thus recipe is a delish and sweet way to start your morning! Enjoy it and make sure you get some breakfast time in. Coffee, bagels, and fruit are quick and easy grabs but won’t give you the energy you need to rock out all the important stuff you have to do before noon.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 package mission figs
- 4 oz of all fruit jam (any flavor)
- Add quinoa to sauce pan.
- Measure almond milk and add to sauce pan.
- Cook on high until boiling and then lower to a simmer for 10-15 minutes or until almond milk is soaked up by the quinoa.
- In a food processor add figs and chop.
- Add all fruit jam to figs and combine in the food processor.
- Place quinoa in a bowl and top with one tbsp of fig mixture.
- Enjoy your protein filled breakfast!
Eloise Wetherall says
Loved this recipe. Enjoy reading your monthly newsletters. Keep up the good work.
Eloise, Thank you! Looking forward to having you back in swim class soon. Hope you are soaking up the warmth in Az!